Week of December 4, 2017
Happy holidays, fourth grade fam!
We still have three weeks filled with great learning before taking a break to enjoy some time off with our families!
Please be on the lookout this week for a letter coming home about the Christmas party! We need your help!!
Here's what this week looks like for #RagansRockstars:
- Continuation of drama - structural elements and how they help the reader, utilizing the structural elements to make inferences and draw conclusions about characters and events in the text
- Flexible small groups for drama will begin this week based on last Friday's checkpoint. Next Wednesday will be the drama unit assessment for a major reading grade
- Writers are editing and publishing their essays this week. Each step of the writing process has been modeled and performed through shared writing.
- Revising and editing small group instruction. Students rotate in small groups to receive this instruction. When they are not with me, they have a list of responsibilities (we call it a Punch List) they are working through over the course of several days.
- Words containing the diphthong ow. Examples: brow, gown, bow, stow
- No editing test this week.
- Students are continuing to dive into their learning about Native Americans in Texas. They are using articles from Social Studies Weekly to analyze data related to where the tribes were located and will turn this in at the end of the week.
Please email with any questions, concerns, or celebrations!
In love with kids,