Week of October 16, 2017
Good afternoon, fabulous fourth grade families!
I hope your weekend was wonderful and you are enjoying this glorious fall weather. Hopefully it sticks around!
This week in learning...
- Begin the genre study over traditional literature. The big addition is identification of theme and/or lesson.
- Reader's workshop routines - students are rotating through different activities during workshop time. All have chosen a novel around their reading level to complete a plot project over during class.
- Introduction to expository writing
- Writing claims about people
- Begin the drafting process for an expository essay
- Grammar focus - linking/helping verbs
- Introduction to Paleoamericans and Native Americans in early Texas
As always, please feel free to call or email with any questions, concerns, or celebrations!